1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive Scan??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Bluenose1878, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Bluenose1878

Bluenose1878

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this should be in this bit of the forum or the dvd section but i've just got a Panasonic Viera, does anyone know if it's capable of being used with a progressive scan dvd player? I've no idea what progressive scan is by the way!! I just know that my Yamaha dvd player can do it. Can some kind person explain to me what it is?-Preferably in idiot's language!! Thanks... :confused:

2. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    You could always look in the progressive scan forum ;)

3. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199

OK here goes.
    Progresive scan is supposed to give a better cinema like image.

see here for details .
    The Vierra plasma is a progresive display device with its own built in deinterlasser and will give you a progresive image anyway . To view a progressive image from your dvd player is must be connected to the Vierra via the componnet inputs. Depending on how good your dvd player is at progressive scaning the image will be a factor on weather or not you see much of a difference with it on or not.
    Be aware that a progressive scanning image direct from your dvd player will cause the VIerra to automaticly select wide mode. Make sure your player is set to anamorphic so the images are displayed at the correct aspect ratio.

David.

4. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Second to that, the VIERA's have a component video input on AV4/C which allows both interlaced and non-interlaced video inputs in both PAl & NTSC format. All you need to do is connect the relevant leads to AV4 & AV4/C then to make sure that the DVD player is set to output in component form.