progressive scan Sony

keyser

Standard Member
Reaction score
Sony have progressive scan TV´s in america and even 40" CRT´s. Does anyone know if they are coming to europe any time soon. Since pal progressive scan is official and people here are becoming more aware of this technology, then I would think that Sony and others would release simliar models to the US ones here.

Does anyone know an email at sony where I could get more on this??

40" PROGRESSIVE SCAN SONY CRT(also with DRC), how good does that sound, am I the only one who would just about kill for on of those babies!! Everyone email them(do they even have an email address) and beg them to get these models this side of the sea.

WOW! it´s seems that everyone is as excited about this as me... we need to get a water cooling system on this thread, it´s burning up. Thanks alot for your input everyone. Sony.. email... 40".. when... anyone???

This might sound stupid but what exactly is progessive scan? can anyone explain it to me in layman's terms or point me to a website about it?

Thanks

I dont know much so you could get a much better anwer from someone smarter than me. But true progressive scan is when you have a progressive scan dvd player and a progressive scan capable tv. Then the picture has all the horizontal lines at the screen at the same time... opposed to interlaced(normal) images where you get odd and evens lines appearing in sequence. The benefit of progressive is no visible line structure and a much more stable image... stuff like stripes on suits, brick walls, wired fences, midevil chained suits(braveheart) don´t blink like in interlaced pictures. Some TV´d do progressive internally(if you dont have an progressive scan dvd player).. but the only benefit of that is no visible line structure... not nearly as good as when you get your progressive signal from your dvd. Currently only one CRT I think here in europe(not counting the loewe´s) takes a progressive scan image and thats the tosh zd, and it only takes a ntsc progressive scan signal. The biggest plus of progressive scan is that it doesn´t have any side effects/artifacts like other "picture enhancing" processing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom