Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Progressive scan /rgb set up ?help pleeez

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by 59peejay, Jan 24, 2005.

1. 59peejay

59peejay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,I have now installed my Panny TH-42PE30 which i take to be able to deliver progressive scan?,i have hooked it up to a new Pioneer DV-575A dvd player which i also take to deliver prog. scan,using a quality scart for audio and a component cable for rgb,the problem i'm having is when i go into the initial settings for the video output,if i select progressive instead of interlace the screen is almost b&w and i cannot select s-video or rgb in the av connector out menu?,i can only seem to select rgb if interlace is selected as my component out?,is this right or is there something wrong with my kit,or am i doing something wrong?Thanx.

2. Leerock

Leerock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you should not use the scart for audio because scart transfers video too.
    Maybe that s why you get this error.
    You should tranfer your audio from dv575's stereo out to your tv if you are planning to use just the speakers of your tv
    or from player's digital out to your 5.1 amp for surround.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I think you are confusing Component with RGB. While RGB is technically speaking a component signal it is not compatible to Component aka YUV.
    Component (YUV) has 3 RCA/phono connections that are colored red, green and blue - which is confusing since it has nothing to do with RGB which happens to mean Red, Green, Blue.

Unless you have some exotic equipment then your DVD player will output RGB (via Scart) but RGB won't be progressive and hence the menu options are blanked out.
    In other words you have to use the Component/YUV connection to get a progressive picture.

4. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I completely agree. 3 pin Comp lead for video and scart to AV4 for audio.
    (PS. I use my PanE55 dvdr via Comp but with Prog Scan off. The viera deinterlacer is better than E55's. The picture quality is definately better Prog off.)

5. 59peejay

59peejay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for your replys guys,Happyh,that's how i'm hooked up at the moment component for the pic and scart into av4,and my optimum settings are component out set to interlace and av conn. out set to rgb?
    is that right?.the picture looks good to me but i still don't understand why i cant use the progressive scan output from the dvd player,after all its supposed to be the optimum picture quality and the reason why i bought another damn dvd player now have 4 in the house!1!

6. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You can use it. But the viera can deinterlace as well.If it senses a progressive signal it does nothing. And in my case the PQ is better with the viera doing the work.
    The Pana E55 Prog Scan picture is good but with a very slight grain. Turn off Prog Scan, picture improves.