progressive scan question

D

Digsy

Is the Sharp LC32P50E progressive scan, I can't establish whether it is or not.

If it's not, what are the implications. Is it still going to do a good job with a HDMI DVD player such as the Toshiba SD-350E or Samsung DVD HD950?

neilmcl

All fixed pixel displays, LCDs, plasmas etc, are progressive by nature. The Sharp is no different to any other LCD in that respect. It sounds to me that you need to do some research as to what progressive and interlace is.

I think there are actually some variations of Plasma that used some sort of effect similar to Interlacing. Forget what they were called and I'm not sure, we'd need to ask a Plasma expert.

Also Digsy I'm not sure if you meant "is it a Progressive scan panel" like Neil has already cleared up or "can it accept a Progressive scan signal" in which case the answer is yes, because the TV has HDMI as well as Component inputs.

neilmcl

Lyris said:
I think there are actually some variations of Plasma that used some sort of effect similar to Interlacing. Forget what they were called and I'm not sure, we'd need to ask a Plasma expert.
ALIS panels but I didn't want to confuse the issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom