1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive scan question from a newbie!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bleach, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Bleach

Bleach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I do apologise if this has been asked before, I did do a search before hand. I just wondered if someone can help me out.
    I've just got myself a new plasma (Panny 5 series) which supports progressive scan. Next step a progressive scan DVD player, I've been recommended the Limit DVD9900SE from RS.

So my setup will be:-
    Progressive scan output from DVD into Denon3802 (via component) output to plasma,

My question is this:-
    will I lose this progressive scan process in my amp?

Apologies for my lack of knowledge on this subject. :blush:

Cheers

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The amp should be a straight pass thur and not inteferere with the component signal (progressive or not)

3. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    you wont loose the progressive info this way i have my tosh 520 which ouputs progressive on ntsc discs connected to my denon 2802 with component and then connected my dennon to my pj via component

4. Bleach

Bleach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help guys, next stop Richer Sounds!!

5. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Despite what others said you will lose the progressive signal if you loop a component de-interlaced source through that Denon AV Receiver (at least I did with the AVR2802).

6. Bleach

Bleach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've now hooked up my DVD to my Denon and out to my plasma via component. All looks well on the progressive scan front. If I switch progressive scan off the logo flickers, however when it's switched on the logo is as still as a very still thing (as it does if I void the amp and go stright to the monitor), so I'm presuming it's all working ok.
    Cheers.