progressive scan query

S

Spasm

Chaps/Chapesses

This may sound like a weird set up but bare with me.

I have an LCD TV and a projector. My projector has progressive scan -

I have a DVD player with progressive scan and have them linked directly to both machines. However I want component on both from one source (My dvd player)

I have sourced a great distribution amp with component input and component out for up to 4 sources - (couldn't find any with less than this)

I'm thinking of getting a good progressive scan "Iscan pro", but the question I'm getting conflicting answers to, is whether or not these separate compents will interfere with each other - This would essentially mean on the PJ run there will be three progressive scans - the DVD player, the iscan pro and then the PJ.

Any info will be greatly recieved! :thumbsup:

Essentially you ned to work out which device does best de-interlcaing. The DVD player, the Iscan or the PJ, or your TV (LCD TV's work progressivley too and so it will have an on board de-interlacer as well).

If PJ is best then forget Iscan and only use interlaced out of DVD.
If Ican is best then go interlaced out of DVD to Iscan then out of Iscan to distribution device and on to displays.

The only things you need to confrim are that the displays will accept 480P'60Hz and 576P'50Hz incoming signals on component inputs. This is what the DVD and Iscan will stick out.

Also you need to be aware that the Iscan itself will not accept a progressive input signal on its component inputs.

Hope this is of some use,

Gordon

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom