Progressive Scan Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gav_2000, May 4, 2005.

1. Gav_2000

Gav_2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Hitachi DV-PF7E(UK) combined DVD/VCR that has a progressive scan issue. The player is fine via SCART or interlaced component but when I switch to progressive scan the playback disappears/freezes to a blank screen for a fraction of a second every few seconds. This occurs with all of the region 2 commercial DVD's that I've tried.

I think this may be a DVD player problem but just in case it's TV related I have a Video7 32" LCD TV.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with progressive scan DVD output? Is it correctable?

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Do you have it connected with component cables?.YUV can only be used with three phonos.

3. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

I had the same problem with progressive scan on the V7. My DVD recorder is a Lite-On LVW5045.
    The problem seems to be with the macrovision copy protection on the discs.
    I solved my problem by downloading and installing some hacked firmware for the Lite-On, which has the copy protection removed, now I have no problem at all. Another chap on the Forums had the same problem as me with the same set up, it worked for him too.
    You may not have the same option with the Hitachi though.

4. Ferris691

Ferris691

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ! Same problem with my V7 screen. I have a Samsung HD745 DVD player, but since I enter a hack code to make it region free / remove HDCDP protection / unlock HDTV on component, the black screen disapeared too !! It's seems this hack remove also the macrovision. Try to find such an hack for your player.

5. Radio_Daze

Radio_Daze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8

It seems strange that this keeps happening to V7 owners, must be a bug in the software in the TV itself, don't see the same comments from owners of other branded TV's.