1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive scan output from a PC

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dalwinder, May 29, 2003.

1. Dalwinder

Dalwinder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I was wondering if it would be an idea to purcase a quiet PC with a small foothold i.e.

mini-itx

and to equip it with say a

RealMagic XCard

I am not sure but I think the progressive scan it handled by software rather than hardware. Is this bad?

Has anyone any advice or experience in this area?

Basically I wish to purchase a lcd projector (Pana AE300) in the near future and I would like to provide the projector the best input signal. I may be miles off here so please advise this newbie.

Thanks

Dal

2. salacious

salacious
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not an expert on this but you should be able to find some answers in the Tech Talk forum
    Computer hardware & Home Cinema PCs (HCPC)

I have read that it is a good idea to have your refresh rate and frame rate linked. If you NTSC DVD movies a lot use 72Hz (3x24Hz) or PAL use 75Hz (3x25Hz). Not sure about standard 30fps US stuff.

Brian

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I think the X-Card outputs at native NTSC or PAL refresh rates, thus 60 and 50 Hz.

If you get a Hush with the new M10,000 motherboard it will be fine for using without an X-Card to your projector. If you get a copy of TheaterTek v1.5 that will do the job fine.

If you set the normal PC output to the native resolution of projector then that will give the best results.