1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive scan on Tosh PF2 question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bboy-mass, Oct 11, 2003.

1. bboy-mass

bboy-mass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi ,

I have a Toshiba PF2 TV and I want some answers to the following questions:

1. Is the ProgScan built into the TV or is it only going to work with a ProgScan DVD player ?.

2. If it is built in, does that mean my xbox,vcv,laser disk with also be ProgScan when connected to the TV?

I have just connected a iSCAN to the TV and the DVD playback looked the same to me????.

P.

2. chuwright

chuwright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You will need a progressive scan DVD player, any game you use on the Xbox must also support progressive scan.

Regards

Michael

3. gmt steve

gmt steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I disagree with the above statement. I have a Toshiba Strata, which apart from PAL prog is very similar.
    The TV has it's own line doubler built in. If you connect a prog scan DVD via the component input, then the internal doubler is bypassed, but any other source can be displayed progressively, albiet at a lower quality. The internal doubler also does not have 3:2 pulldown, so none progressive NTSC signals are very ropey with loads of combing artifacts.
    I don't understand how you connected an i Scan though, I thought that they only output via VGA.