1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

progressive scan on the sony 1272qm

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pj, Aug 1, 2002.

?
  1. yes, it was an improvement

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. yes, not much of an improvement

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. i wouldnt bother!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pj

pj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    i assume the only way to do this would be through the rgb input(5 bnc's) just wondering how to go about it! i can get a prog scan player with component out (3 rca) but how can i connect this to the PJ? i can also get a prog scan player with a VGA out on the rear would this be a better solution? has anyone tried it? as i dont fancy forking out for prog scan to find it wont work with the 1272! also any cheap prog scan player preferences (dont laugh, but im on a £250 budget!)
    thanks
    PJ:confused:

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

There are a couple of dvd players with vga (rgb h&v sync) progressive outputs. Do a search on the Skyworth and the Nintaus (spelling ?) dvd players. I use a Skyworth player on an electrohome projector and it works very well

You may also find that one of these cheap players with progressive pal outputs (Debenhams have one... can't remember the name) from it's scart socket would be suitable but you may also need a sync booster (from Keene) to give you a signal that your pj can sync up to.

You can go the component route but you'll need a Key Digital component to rgb converter to do the job. That will cost a couple of hundred dollars.

Brian

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Bit of a strange poll for a PJ that won't take component in.

4. pj

pj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    the nintaus is the foremost in my mind too! just gotta find one!

Bit of a strange poll for a PJ that won't take component in.

will it do progressive throught the rgb input i was told it would? there is a component add on board or something but if i can do it through vga i prefer that!

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    The 1272 when set up well should be running about 600 lines on a 16:9 screen when doing an anamorphic squeeze. It'll look great when fed an rgbhv 480P or 576P signal. I have a customer who runs his 1270 at 1200P!!!!!!! SOLELY for playing online games.....

Good luck trying to find a de-interlacer. Also don;t assume that all de-interlacers are the same. A crap doubler/de-interlacer will create more artifacts and soften the image to a level where it may look much worse than the direct feed from the source...

Gordon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.