1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive scan on Panasonic pw4

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mcraeman, Feb 16, 2003.

1. mcraeman

mcraeman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone confirm that the PW4 model can accept NTSC and PAL progressive scan on the PC (VGA) input? The user manual I have suggests it does but the later PW5 manual states it doesn't accept NTSC on this input.

I'd rather re-use this input/cable than run another set of component cables in the wall cavity :)

Also, maybe not the correct forum, but is anybody using a Denon DVD 2800 MkII with this plasma unit? Does it output progressive scan on the Scart/RGB as well as the component outputs? Is this arrangement significantly better than just letting the panasonic do the progressive scan?

Thanks.

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my toshiba is a clone of the panny 4 model it can take a progressive signal on the vga imput, not sure about if its pal/ntsc progressive but i would think if it can take one it can take the other,
    as for the denon i dont think any dvd player can do progressive through scart

ps, on the vga imput you dont have all the picture settings as you do on the component imput