1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive scan on Panasonic E95

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Nelviticus, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Nelviticus

Nelviticus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    I have a cable box that sends an RGB signal via SCART to my Panasonic DMRE95, which at the moment sends an RGB signal via SCART to my TV. Seeing as my TV supports component video and progressive scan, I could ditch one of the SCARTs and hook the Panny up to the TV using component cables.

That would give me the best DVD playback possible, but what would it do to the signal from the cable box? Does it de-interlace it so that it becomes progressive scan? This is an important question because the TV has to be manually set to prog scan mode, so if the Panny doesn't de-interlace it I'd have to manually change settings whenever I changed between DVD and cable playback.

Just wondered!

Nelviticus

2. Siamese Cat

Siamese Cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Nelvitecus...I'm pretty sure it does turn the interlaced signal into progressive but why don't you try it and tell us? I'd be very curious to hear if it improves the picture fom Sky significantly

3. lloydo

lloydo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bit confused here are we only talking about a recorded program from SKY being played back or are we talking about live SKY being passed through the E95 which will be prog scanned??

4. cdb

cdb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Nelvitecus, what did you find out?

I've just got a similar set up and I find that I can't have rgb and compontent together. If I use the components out, I lose the use of rgb on the av1 input and messing about manually seems to be the only option :mad: