progressive scan on gamecube

chris210972

Ex Member
Reaction score
i have a toshiba 36" picture frame with pal/ntsc progressive scan.
i also have a jap/ntsc gamecube with a switch on the back.
i'm thinking of ordering an official gamecube component cable to play games in progressive scan (that support it).
does anyone know if this works ok?, and if so does it improve the games much visually?

I bought the official nintendo component lead from play asia, to use with my Z2. It improved the picture noticeably on the projector, more stable,richer colours. mario golf looks great:)

Have just got us ngc. Wanted better lead and was considering the S-video + audio phono's one. I think the cube gives s-video if it's a US one? Does anyone know if this is a good move or should I go for the VGA cable (component inputs used for dvd player on my ae500). If I get the vga cable, how do I get sound out?

Hi gaffer,
I use the s-video/phono leads for sound as its a different socket from the vga/component one.
To activate prog scan press and hold the red B button on the pad before powering on the GC - you should then get the progressive scan option.

thanx pendulum. So i'll use the supplied composite/audio cable for audio only, and a seperat vga/digital for picture. Thanx for the prog scan info

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom