Progressive scan on GameCube

E

elitedono

I have a Uk GameCube. I know UK software isnt progressive but i have freeloader and some NTSC progressive scan capable games.

The tv i have is the panny 42PA20 which does have inputs at the back. Will the tv handle a NTSC progressive signal however? or do i have to do it another way?

t-force

If you've got a component cable (only officially available from US or Japan), then you MAY be able to get a progressive signal if you've got Freeloader and a prog-scan compatible TV. I say "may" because it appears that some PAL Cubes can't do it at all. That said, I got my component cable last week, and it works a treat. To activate prog scan, just have your cable plugged in, and hold down B when the game boots (assuming it's a prog scan compatible game, of course).

CrispyXUK

Shouldn't your prog-scan TV de-interlace the picture if it is interlaced anyway?

E

Erpland

The component cable is also available from Australia, which makes it an official PAL product.

E

elitedono

Originally posted by Erpland
The component cable is also available from Australia, which makes it an official PAL product.
Really? Whats the best australian wesbite that ships here? You might have just made my day!:D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom