1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive scan on GameCube

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by elitedono, Feb 15, 2004.

1. elitedono

elitedono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Uk GameCube. I know UK software isnt progressive but i have freeloader and some NTSC progressive scan capable games.

The tv i have is the panny 42PA20 which does have inputs at the back. Will the tv handle a NTSC progressive signal however? or do i have to do it another way?

2. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    If you've got a component cable (only officially available from US or Japan), then you MAY be able to get a progressive signal if you've got Freeloader and a prog-scan compatible TV. I say "may" because it appears that some PAL Cubes can't do it at all. That said, I got my component cable last week, and it works a treat. To activate prog scan, just have your cable plugged in, and hold down B when the game boots (assuming it's a prog scan compatible game, of course).

3. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Shouldn't your prog-scan TV de-interlace the picture if it is interlaced anyway?

4. Erpland

Erpland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The component cable is also available from Australia, which makes it an official PAL product.

5. elitedono

elitedono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Really? Whats the best australian wesbite that ships here? You might have just made my day!:D

6. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Ratings:
    +227
    While not an Australian company, i picked up mine here and it worked out about the same price as buying it local (which from researching only found it via Nintendo Australia).
    Markie Boy