1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive Scan on DVD through switch box? help needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by neil20v, Dec 3, 2004.

1. neil20v

neil20v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my Denon DVD player connected to my Thomson 42" Plamsa monitor via the standard thomson switch/tuner box . The dvd player is currently connected using a scart lead.

The Denon DVD player can send out a progressive scan signal throught its component video out but my switch/tuner box only has Scart and S-video inputs.

Will it still operate progressive scan if i run a component to scart cable from dvd to switch box or would that be defeating the object?

If this still won't let me run progressive scan is it worth me replacing the scart switch/tuner box with one that has component video inputs.....i have been told that replacement switch box's are hard to set up is this true?

I have seen a few uprated switch/tuner box's on www.keene.co.uk site but i'm unsure which one i need, any advice that you can offer would be a great help.

The Monitor also has an VGA (RGB) input so if i could find a way of converting the progressive scan component output of the dvd player to vga this could also be an avenue to go down.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Prog scan only via RGBHV (VGA) or component suggest you consider a scaler/video processor £800-900 for Lumagen or Iscan HD very nice bits of kit or £500 for an Iscan Ultra mor basic tuner type device these will allow you to get the most out of your plasma