Progressive Scan on DV27A

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by mutley, Jun 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've had my projector for repair so in the meantime i had to turn my player to RGB through SCART to watch movies on TV.

Now the projector is back, i changed the output to Component but the Progressive scan option on the menu says "not applicable" and doesn't let me go there and change...

So the player must be sending interlaced signal to the projector. Before it was set to progressive and i'm sure i've changed that option before...

How to solve this? :lease:

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    I think you'll find there are two sets of component outputs on the back of your DV27A, one ouputs interlaced and the other outputs progressive. The reason why it says 'not applicable' in the menu is because both outputs operate simultaneously and are always on.

3. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ok so the progressive output operates automatically just by conecting in the right output (that's where i conncet it) ?

If so it's just me making confusion cause i thought i had changed that in the menu.

Thanks!!!!

4. steeled

steeled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    The Progressive Scan outputs are in a line at the top of the backpanel on what appears to be (and is) an expansion card. The component outputs that are amongs the other connectors and are in an L-shape are the interlaced outputs.

If you have switched to RGB for the SCART output then the interlaced outputs will have RGB on them also.

HTH

Dave