Progressive scan into iSCAN PRO?

ralphot

Standard Member
Reaction score
What happends if I connect a dvd-player which has progressive scan output into an iSCAN PRO and from that into my BD 600?

Does progressive scan make a conflict with the iSCAN PRO as that suppose to get interlaced video?

I mean the iSCAN does de-interlacing before line doubling and progressive output as I have understand it.

I want of course use my iSCAN for VCR and digital TV use.

Would be interesting to know.

Ralph

In general you are meant to feed an iScan etc an interlaced picture as it will almost certainly do a better job of deinterlacing the DVD picture than the DVD players onboard deinterlacer. You should be able to output an interlaced image from your DVD player, but if not then the iScan should just ignore its own deinterlacing and just do the scaling.

Mark.

MarkE19 said:
In general you are meant to feed an iScan etc an interlaced picture as it will almost certainly do a better job of deinterlacing the DVD picture than the DVD players onboard deinterlacer. You should be able to output an interlaced image from your DVD player, but if not then the iScan should just ignore its own deinterlacing and just do the scaling.

Mark.

OK, thanks Mark! Understand that also now, learning more and more every day :)

I don't know how to get interlaced from my DVD-player, it's a LUXOR DV703 and I don't have any manual for it.

I could use another DVD player I have that is not giving progressive scan and maybe get a better result through the iSCAN.

We will see.

Ralph

Video processors are still a very new concept to me, so hang on tight and we can ride the learning curve together :cool:

If you can disable progressive scan output from your DVD player it will be somewhere in the setup menu, but I don't know your player so can't say for sure where it will be. But if the picture looks good to you then I wouldn't worry about it.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom