1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive Scan: Got to be higher than 50hz????

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Paul.M., Oct 31, 2004.

1. Paul.M.

Paul.M.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got a denon home cinema sytem and the Pansonic 36pd30. When using Progressive the flickering on white scenes is very distracting. Obviously progressive offers a better picture, but SURELY there is progressive scan that does not induce a flickery 50hz picture? Thats surely the point of 100hz tvs?????

So then, progressive at 100hz????

2. Barcoing Mad

Barcoing Mad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Standalone processors will typically give a choice of 50, 60, 72 and 75 Hz. To my eyes, 72 Hz (i.e. 3 x 24 fps for NTSC DVD) and 75 Hz (3 x 25 fps for PAL DVD) eliminates flicker.

3. AllanJ

AllanJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All good PAL de-interlacing will initially construct 50 fps live video, 25 fps film source video, or 50 fps film source video with 2-2 pulldown. Then it is up to a frame rate scaler to give you (usually) 75 fps or 100 fps. The 576p 25 fps de-interlacer output is almost never seen at the actual output, units that create 25 fps will have a scaler built in to at least deliver 50 fps with 2-2 pulldown.

Video hints (mostly NTSC):
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

4. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    If I remember correctly the TX36PD30 is 100hz for interlaced inputs but is only 50hz for progressive scan sources?