1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

progressive scan dvd

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cerebus, Aug 12, 2000.

1. cerebus

cerebus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been seeing this being talked about on a few web sites but I haven't been able to find many details about it.

Does any one have have any sites or info on this feature ? Theres a place in Holland that can add a card to any dvd to give this output but is it worth it ?

Cheers

Dave P.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can try www.etown.com 's interactive knowledge bank (I think), they have a very simple explanation, theres also a site called www.progressivescan.co.uk but not much is happening there.

3. HT Dude

HT Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A lot of very accurate and interesting material has already been written for progressivescan.co.uk. When it's complete - which hopefully won't be too long - then it should be among the best, if not THE best progressive scan resource on the net.

4. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Yes, Progressive Scan is a wonderful enhancement to DVD, but it is only worth investing in IF you have a TV/projector with a input capable of accepting the signal.

It is NOT going to work with your average TV set. Beware!!!

There is also a difference between Progressive Scan DVD players which generally feature Component outputs at 32kHz and Progressive Scan PC cards which operate via RGB at 32kHz and above.

Be very careful, you could end up buying a feature that can't be used unless you upgrade your display.

Regards

Chris.