1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive scan dvd to a RP TV with component inputs

Discussion in 'TVs' started by raigraphixs, Nov 12, 2001.

1. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,379
    Hi,

1. Is anyone currenty using a tosh 900E dvd player (progressive scan player) with an Tosh RP set, using Progessive scan R1 dvds, via the component inputs?.

I have a list of questions on the 'dvd' players section that involves TV, can anyone share their knowledge with me and correct me if i am wrong. As i am not sure the answers i have got are quite right?

link

http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?...ms/showthread.php?s=&postid=144649#post144649

if the above link does not work, look for 'Progressive scan dvd player and tosh rp set' heading or simliar by me.

thanks

rai

2. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    The answers you receicved in the other thread are correct. The 40WHO8B does not display pro-scan images. I currently use an SD9000 conected via component to my 40WHO8B, and have tested the SD900 on the same set but could not see enough of a difference to justify upgrading.

As mentioned, I believe the Loewe set is the only one to display pro-scan in the UK at the moment, else you need to look at Plasmas and pro-scan projectors.

3. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,379
    Hi,

What are your impressions of your SD9000 dvd player connected via components.

Currently i still have tosh 2109b connected via s-hvs.

I am looking for a new player for my 40who8b.

rai