1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive Scan DVD Players

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mistermcgee, Nov 4, 2003.

1. mistermcgee

mistermcgee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Could I pls be informed about my question here.

I'm thinking to buy a DVD player with progressive scan, but it's hard to find som concrete information why i should.

Can any of you pls advise me in why progressive scan is good ? Is it good on 50Hz tv compared to 100Hz ?
    And what output device is best to use if you want to get the most out of progressive scan (component, S-VHS, Composite) ?

Thanks in advance.
    MisterMcgee

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    A Progressive Scan DVD player is of no use to you unless your TV can accept a Progressive Scan signal. Progressive Scan is output via Component Video Outputs from suitably equipped DVD players.

If you have a search on this Forum you'll find plenty of info about Progressive Scan. Also have a look at www.progressivescan.co.uk

3. amar_fiaz

amar_fiaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have a plasma set, its very likely to be capable of handling prog scan (make sure though!!). Its v.unlikely that your TV will handle prog scan.

Once you've sorted out if your display can handle prog scan, then i would definately recommend going for a DVD player that outputs PAL (not just NTSC) Prog Scan (i have a Sony DVPNS730, approx £150).

To obtain the best possible picture connect the DVD and plasma using component leads (the ones labelled Red, green and blue)

4. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    i fancy the 730,any good?

5. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: