Progressive SCan DVD Player

O

Omar

Hi,

What in your opinions is the best Progressive scan DVD to buy for around £200 ? I need PAL and NTSC progressive scan

cheers

Ps I have always used Sony DVD players and have been happy with them, I just want peeps opinions before I make the plunge.

Hi Guys,

48 views and no one with any ideas ???

Surely someone must be able to help ??

Hi Omar,

I think that you may find that one player has it's good and bad points and try and taylor them to your needs, not that I do as I have wasted so much on kit that I have shoved in the loft or sold!

From my research of dual prog scan the Sony 730 is good, as is it's more expensive brother the 930, but not with home based recorded discs, I found them least relliable in a Sony 900 and a friends DAV system.

I have a Yamaha S540 which I moved upstairs, not 100% on this one, found it gave up when fast forwarding on pause, often starting from the begining of the film whilst fast forwarding. That said the image was good when I wasn't thrashing it.

Finally after buying a plasma bought a Pioneer 757, very pleased, but £200 more but does it all, including both SACD and DVDA, should have done it sooner...well until another bell or whistle comes along.

Some also recommend HK kit again slightly over budget, by £50 or so.

Ged

Thanks for the info mate - I think I am gonna go with the 930 - I dont use home made DVD's.

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom