1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive scan connection

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Rikkibo, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Rikkibo

Rikkibo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to connect a limit dvd 9900se dvd player to a panasonic TX32PB50 widescreen tv. The tv has scart and s-video inputs, but the dvd player does not work on progressive scan on scart. There are connections on the back of the dvd labelled Y, Pb/Cb and Pr/Cr. Can anyone advise me how to connect the two together. Thanks, Rikkibo.

2. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    as far as I know that TV doesn;t do progressive and doesn;t have component inputs, therefore you cannot get progressive from the player on that TV.:(

3. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    oh..and welcome to the forums mate :)

4. Rikkibo

Rikkibo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That`s annoying to say the least. Is progressive scan only available on component inputs? There is an option on the scan mode setup as progressive, but if it won`t work from scart or s-vhs there`s not a lot i can do. Thanks for your time bud.

5. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

You seem to have got caught up in the marketing hype over progressive scan. It's all a bit 'naughty' as there are only a few regular tv's that can handle a progressive signal at the moment. Progressive is better for large scale displays (projectors and 40+in plasmas) so I wouldn't worry about not having it on your particular set.

With a few exceptions, progressive scan is usually (only) available on component video connectors. However, the display device needs to be capable of handling a progressive signal as well as having component inputs. Some tv's have component inputs but they are NOT able to handle a progressive signal. Many tvs do not have component inputs.

The best picture on your tv is probably via a rgb signal to the scart connector.

Brian

6. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi,

See if your dealer would take your TV as part exchange for the PAL and NTSC progressive scan capable TX-32PD30.

Steve