Progressive Scan and Iiyama C480T

A

Akael

Hi, I just got this wonderful LCD TV and was trying out my new PS2 component lead. There's a problem though, as the TV only seems to recognise a Progressive Scan signal and so when I start a game I have to switch the av output on the PS2 so that I can start the game and then switch it to Progressive Scan. Then I have to switch the output again to the component cable.

I could put up with this if all my games were Progressive Scan but many of them aren't and the standard scart input on the Iiyama gives an awful picture compared to my old TV!

Is this a fault of my PS2 (it's quite old, came in the first batch of PAL machines) or is it that the C480 will only accept a Progressive Scan input? If this is the case, who did they make it for because I don't know anyone who likes to constantly switch cables :p

Hello Akael I too have the C480T (Best PC TFT / LCD Combo out there)

I never had this problem with my PS2 or Xbox, I have another which I have just posted.

Have u set your PS2 to Y,PB etc from RGB?

...Ok, looks like my common sense went right out the window over this one :)

Thanks a lot, that's worked a charm!

Hey Akael how much did u pay for yours?

I paid 930 and so far its the best thing I Have bought for my PC/AV, no ghosting in Games, excellent PC Image, you get what u pay for

I paid just £805 (including P&P) from this place, which I found by chance on a google search (they don't advertise or have links to that particular section anywhere else).

It's an amazing screen, the quality in all areas has blown me away!

If I buy the Gamecube component lead, is there a setting in the options like this PS2 setting, or will it automatically send component and not RGB?

Originally posted by Akael
I paid just £805 (including P&P) from this place, which I found by chance on a google search (they don't advertise or have links to that particular section anywhere else).

It's an amazing screen, the quality in all areas has blown me away!

If I buy the Gamecube component lead, is there a setting in the options like this PS2 setting, or will it automatically send component and not RGB?

not sure dont bother with the cube, whats the PS2 image like in PAL interlaced mode (normal) via your component cable?

I am getting a horrible PAL image, check my thread for pics

also u got a great bargain, I got mine on its release about 3 months ago

I've found the standard PAL Interlaced mode looks fine, no banding as your XBox has. Did you buy an official/high quality cable?

Originally posted by Akael
I've found the standard PAL Interlaced mode looks fine, no banding as your XBox has. Did you buy an official/high quality cable?

no bought the cheap 7 quid one.

But it does NTSC HDTV prog resolutions fine:confused:

so i dont want to buy a high quality one to find it is the same.

also I have my xbox and DVD player routed thru an Audio AUthority Component Switch box but I have checked it isnt that.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom