Progressive scan an ps2 v9

B

Beer

Anyone tried this feature yet? Any impresions? Does it support both NTSC and PAL prog scan?

if all this is true, than this new silver ps2 is realy worth geting, cause it looks realy cool too :zonked:

There's no prog scan function on the PAL model V9 when running DVD Movies, it's only a feature on NTSC model.

Hmm, but in the specs of pal console they say it has prog scan...
what about moded pal console and ntsc dvd discs?

It does do NTSC proggresive, but not PAL, all PS2 consoles can do ntsc prog scan in games, but the new one does it for DVD playback aswell.

Rich

so has anyone tried dvd prog scan mode on new ps2? Does it look much better than standart, cause standart ps2 dvd playback is no good at all :(

DVD Playback quality is exactly the same as other versions IMO, the main advantage of the V9 is it's so quiet, you can't hear a peep out of it during DVD playback. RGB DVD Playback is still bloody green as well.As regard to progressive scan my DVD player is set up for prog scan and it's very difficult to spot the difference between that and interlaced unless you have a massive display.On the other hand prog scan on games looks far superior to an RGB image. The PAL PS2 allows prog scan on PAL games,not just NTSC.

Originally posted by daveymacca
As regard to progressive scan my DVD player is set up for prog scan and it's very difficult to spot the difference between that and interlaced unless you have a massive display

In your opinion whats a massive display? Im prolly getting one soon buy would like more feedback on the NTSC PS dvd playback.

Can we please clear something up as I am confused.
With the new PS2 can ALL games be output using PAL PROGRESSIVE. If so, then how do you enable this?

Thanks Azzo.

As far as Im aware the only PAL prog scan game is The Getaway. Im sure there must have been more released since though.

In answer to your question the new PS2 doesnt output PAL prog scan in games unles the game allows you to select this option. Basicaly its a software solution, not hardware. I dont know about movies though :s

there also tekken 4 that does prog scan i think

neither of which work on the PAL version. I get garbage on both of them with my displays

What display are you using for PAL Prog Scan Neil?

None of them do pal prog scan, it's just NTSC, just because it's in a pal game doesn't make it pal proggresive. Never heard of problems with proggresive display from ps2's, another reason to get a modded XBox for 1080i output eh:D

panny 5 and 6 plasma [which both take a PAL progressive signal but scale down].

Neil.

@phenom2003

r u sure its NTSC PS on the PAL versions of T4 and The getaway?

I have tried both import copies of said titles and prog scan works fine, however PAL Getaway PS was messed up on my display too. (I thought that was because it was a PAL signal as I can only accept NTSC PS through 36" Tosh)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom