Progressive Probs!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JATH, May 16, 2004.

1. JATH

JATH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem with the component out from my Sony DVPNS930V dvd player which feeds a Sanyo Z1.

I am finding that the pal progressive out picture is very soft almost foggy and was wondering if anyone had a similar experience or any ideas as to what might be the cause.

I was also wondering if anyone had any experience of using an RGB Scart to VGA cable on a Sanyo Z1 and what kind of picture quality it produced?

Also is it possible to use a Component to VGA cable and what kind of picture quality could I expect.

So many questions for a first post!!!

Anyway can anybody help please.
    Thanks Jon.

2. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi did you ever resolve this as I've just got a Z1 & am finding the same issue.. interlaced great (for interlaced) but prg scan very soft

ED

3. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,758
    Are these new players? I remember similar problems with other players when PAL progressive was yet to be ratified so it wasn't implemented properly.

Gary.

4. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  5. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,758
    Strangely enough it was a Cambridge Audio DVD player that I had which exhibited exactly the same problems you mentioned, but the model I had (for about a week) was about 3 years ago now (from Richer Sounds). Interlaced being better. I would have thought they would have fixed that problem by now.

Gary.

6. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Ohhhhh good. A learned buddy has recommended I ditch it & get a cheaper player that he's currently using .. a Pioneer 575. Shame really like the azur

Ed

ps thanks for reply, fellow insomniac!

7. Edt

Edt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    yup seems to be the Azur. Just tried a cheapo H&B unit .. nothing like as good a DVD player.. but edges far cleaner with the Z1. Hopefully picking up a panny 575 in a couple of days.

Wondering if it's an unfortunate combination.. used to have a Benq6100 & fed prog scan into that from the Azur & it was great. hey ho.

ED