1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive modes on PW7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by evochris, Jan 5, 2005.

1. evochris

evochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me which progressive scan mode should be the best to set my dvd player to when driving a pw7 via it's bnc component board.

I've tried non-progressive Y/Pr/Pb, 480p, 576p and 720p.

To be honest the non-prog setting seems to give the sharpest image. The image just seems to get smoother as I increase the progressive mode resolution. Is this normal or do I just not have a very good dvd player? (Kiss DP500 divX).

Thanks! :thumbsup:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    is the Kiss DVD's scaling beter than the plasmas? i would reconmend you use Disc native ie. PAL @ 576i for PAL discs and 480i for NTSC or you run everything at 720p (which plasma will down scale assuming an SD PW7 here)

3. evochris

evochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it is a SD PW7.

The modes are described as 480p, 576p etc. I'm not too sure if the kiss will do interlaced to be honest (I assume that's what you mean by 576i)?

My other option is that the kiss will output vga direct from it's scart. Is this the best connection method for PQ?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    not played with a Kiss so worth a try..... i cant see why i wouldnt do interlaced unless all signals are sent via the internal de-interlacer/scaler (sic) which may have a negative effect on PQ try comparing with a mates (or similar) standard player ie interlaced and progressive video no scaling...