1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progressive input to Loewe VGA

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Jagsta, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Jagsta

Jagsta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I'm looking into options to improve the input into my Loewe Vitros. From other threads I have read I think the best picture quality I could obtain would be a progressive scan input to the VGA input (I would need to purchase this module as I don't have it fitted currently). The progressive scan input i'd be looking at is via a PC using Dscaler to format the picture correctly (I believe the VGA input has limitations regarding aspect ratio/geometry?).

Does anyone have an opinion on whether this would provide the best picture? I assume this is a better option than the component video input which only accepts an interlaced picture?

If so i'd be looking to channel all my existing inputs via a PC and into the loewe via VGA - does anyone have any experience of this?

TIA,
    Jag

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Jag, if you can overcome the aspect ratio problems (I'm not sure if DScaler will do this), then channeling everything though the Loewe VGA input would undoubtedly give you the best picture.

Maybe Jeff could comment further as I believe he used a similar setup for a while? Otherwise Steve1138 wrote the most comprehensive thread on this subject but I'm sure you've read it by now. Gordon knows a thing or two about the Loewe options in this regard as well.

Replying to your PM now :).

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
  4. Jagsta

Jagsta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Groundy,

I've a feeling i'd like to have the VGA input regardless of the merits of channeling everything in via this interface, so I think i'll purchase the upgrade and have a play!

I'll be interested to see the difference with a progressive scan input, I've been very pleased with the picture quality generally and haven't seen "jaggies" or haloing on the inputs i've watched so far.

5. Jagsta

Jagsta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gordon,

do you think this sounds like a sensible option for squeezing the best possible performance out of the set? I'd like to think i'm getting my moneys worth after all!

Jag