progressive dvd players...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tonycommander, Nov 1, 2004.

1. tonycommander

tonycommander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Anyone point me to a player that would be a good match to my 36 inch panny CRT.

Has progressive/component inputs, so might as well make the most of them with a new player.

2. ahin4114

ahin4114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I can vouch for the quality from the Denon DVD-2900. I use one with a 36" Toshiba and am very pleased with the picture quality. Worth noting that a good set of leads makes the world of difference, whatever player you choose.

HTH

Tony

3. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +939
    The pio 575 seems to be getting a lot of praise and is a good price. How much are you looking to spend?

4. tonycommander

tonycommander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    good point about cost...

not really thought about that, but within reason someting that'll go well with my 36 inch panny and dsp-a2...

may even consider a recorder to replace my phillips, as we do drop stuff onto that from sky+ now and then... So it might be nice to not have 2 dvd's around the telly.

But a budget player might be ok, as this telly is only a stop-gap until hi-def arrives and a plasma/lcd is bought!

At which point I'll re-asses everything.

5. soulbrother

soulbrother

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have got a panny 36pd30 and a denon 2900 which ive got hooked up using a supra av3 componant.The picture is the best ive seen on a crt.

6. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I've also got a 36pd30, which, like you, is a stop gap till I go Hidef when Sky release their HDTV service. Mines been fed via a HK DVD25 and more recently via a Denon 3910, both PAL & NTSC progressive scan players. I noticed a big improvement in picture quality stepping up to the Denon.