progressive confusion

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by baccus, Aug 16, 2004.

1. baccus

baccus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought a Panasonic TH37PB30 Plasma TV and upgraded my DVD recorder to the Panasonic DMR E85H (PAL Progressive) at the same time. The problem i have is when i turn the progressive scan on, the picture actually gets slightly worse (grainy) than with it turned off?? I spoke to Panasonic who told me the DVD's have to be recorded in progressive scan for there to be a marked difference in video playback?? Surely this can't be correct? If anybody has any input it would be appreciated.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    progressive scan an Plasmas is an odd one, to get real benefits the deinterlacer in the DVDplayer has to be better quality than the deinterlacer in the screen. If componet video interlaced gives you a better picture quality then than progressive, dont worry be happy.

3. baccus

baccus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Suppose i was expecting the results with progressive to be so much better after all i had been told by the salesman, you live and learn! The picture otherwise is excellent so i'm going to keep on smiling!! Thanks