1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progresive scan???????

Discussion in 'TVs' started by viper2011, Jan 11, 2004.

1. viper2011

viper2011

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ***THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT****

I have a Tosh 32ZD26P and a Yamaha S540 DVD both support progresive scan i just need to clarify the progresive scan capability of both, im using component for my conection. I have tried Finding nemo R1 widescreen and the progresive scan works the picture is fantastic, with both TV and DVD still in progresive mode R2 disks just blue screen.

My understanding (correct me if im wrong ): R1 created for NTSC Televisions R2 for PAL Televisions. NTSC supports (AND WORKS!!) with progresive scan, PAL does not.

My Question: Why are all manufacturers pushing progresive scan as the thing to have when R2 disks don't work with it.

Iv'e read through the forums and there is a lot of info on progresive scan and the technical aspects of it, but at the end of the day it either works or it don't :lesson:

Cheers.

2. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    It's becuase the xxZD26P's only support NTSC progressive scan - the specification for PAL progressive scan wasn't finalised until last year, and sets supporting it are still thin on the ground.