Programs asked to start with Windows 11 don't start?

Zippy77777

Hi, me again

I have a couple of programs such as Grammerly and Logitech that are setup to start with Windows 11 but fail do do so. I check in Task Manager Startup and they are disabled, so I enable them, then on the next boot all is good until a further boot and they are disabled again.

This process is ongoing unless I just don't have them boot with Windows 11 or someone can help me sort out why this might be happening?

Thank you :)

razy60

Hi, me again

I have a couple of programs such as Grammerly and Logitech that are setup to start with Windows 11 but fail do do so. I check in Task Manager Startup and they are disabled, so I enable them, then on the next boot all is good until a further boot and they are disabled again.

This process is ongoing unless I just don't have them boot with Windows 11 or someone can help me sort out why this might be happening?

Thank you :)
Check permissions in the program settings, should be start with windows or similar failing that you may need to delete and reinstall them.

Zippy77777

Check permissions in the program settings, should be start with windows or similar failing that you may need to delete and reinstall them.
You see this is ticked already and wont start?

razy60

That suggests to me that it's asking you to log into the program not windows. Is that Grammerly?

Zippy77777

razy60

I've got logitech mouse and keyboard I don't think mine looks like that, I'll check when I get home from work.

razy60

I'm pretty sure I'm not using GHub though.

Zippy77777

jimscreechy

I think that is the old version of Logitech software which is why it isn't running. I had logitech GHub on Windows 10 but when I upgraded to Windows 11 it updated to Logitech Gaming software.

The icon in the system tray looks the same but when it runs its... well just different.
Screenshot 2022-02-03 163741.png

Screenshot 2022-02-03 163857.png

razy60

No this is Logitech for my mouse.
As @jimscreechy said when i went to the webwebsite it suggested that there may be issues with win11, maybe ok now as it seemsto have some new drivers, i just use the logitech options software.

jimscreechy

Yeah I also have Logitech options installed for mouse and keyboard, but it doesn't run anything in the system tray, though you do have applications folder to customise your mouse and keyboard. The G-Hub (and now Logitech GAming software) is a separate app for gaming devices.

Zippy77777

Thats mine in the system tray. So which software to try? It didn't seem to update for me when I changed OS. So Logitech options or gaming? As its the lightspeed I have, I will try gaming first. Thx guys :)

Zippy77777

Ok so basically either one or both but not the one I use ;) cheers

Zippy77777

I guess I just picked the wrong one?

Zippy77777

Not available for 11. I'll try it anyway!

jimscreechy

No it depends what devices you have. Logitech gaming software or G-Hub is for gaming devices. I have a Logitech G13 and a Logitech G29 so G-Hub in Windows 10 or Logitech Gaming Software in Windows 11 controls these devices and allows you to configure and control them. Joysticks gamepads, race wheels all get picked up by this.

Logitech Options is for MIce and keyboards. I have a MX Keys and MX master so only these show up here. The Options software gives me more control over these devices... like displaying battery levels, switching keys and adjusting button functions, mouse sensitivity etc.
It also allows you to configure the Logitech dongles (Logitech Unifying receiver) so you can update firmware, and pair your mouse or keyboard with a new unifying receiver if you lose the original.

Options looks like this

1643909845653.png

Zippy77777

OK I have flight rubber pedals
and my gaming mouse is the G502 Lightspeed I have tried both options but niether seem to give me any control over my mouse. RGB, battery, dpi etc etc I am very confused now.

Last edited:

Zippy77777

mouse
and I have a logitech camera

Zippy77777

My mouse connects via Bluetooth and the other two items by USB. Can you link me to the software I should use or I will just go back to the Ghub which worked for my mouse perfectly but just didnt load on startup.

jimscreechy

Last edited:

Zippy77777

Reinstalling the Ghub worked ann it loads up with windows now, very odd. Thank you for all your help guys :) much appreciated.

Zippy77777

NOT loading up again, very bizarre!! :(

Zippy77777

I have spoken to Logitech, they are aware of the issue and working on an update to the Ghub :)

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Netflix confirms ad-supported option is on the way
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Rotel announces 60th Anniversary Diamond Series Hi-Fi duo
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Paramount+ launches in the UK and Ireland
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Hisense launches A9H 4K OLED TV