1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Programming Sky Remote For TV Troubles

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Garrett, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,003
    The batteries on my Sky remote ran out, and on replacing them I had lost the remotes function for my Loewe TV. Following the instructions to program the remote again for the TV i.e. press TV button, press select and red together till red light flashes twice, program code (0442 for mine), the red light is suppose to flash again to say it has accepted the code. It doesn’t. I have tried other codes and none of them are accepted, only the one it states in the instruction for a Panasonic 678 (also the make of the digi box).

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Garrett, I think you're getting the sequence wrong thats all. Try this:

TO PROGRAM THE remote USING THE 4 DIGIT CODE:

1. Turn your TV on.

2. Press tv on your Sky remote control.

3. Hold down select and the red button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.

4. Press tv on your Sky remote control again.

5. Key in the four digit code for your brand of TV. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice. If the light blinks once only, recheck the code for your brand of TV and start again at Step 1.

6. Press the standby button on your Sky remote control. If your TV switches off, press select. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice (code stored). If your TV does not switch off, press tv, then press the standby button. Repeat this (press tv, then standby) until your TV turns off, then press select (stores code).

If at this point the LED on the Sky remote control blinks three times then all possible codes for that make of TV have been checked. Repeat from step one, ensuring that you enter the correct manufacturer code.

At the end of the sequence, if you see the TV Guide screen, the remote control setup process is complete. If you did not see the TV Guide screen, you must now complete the following steps.

8. Press tv on your Sky remote control.

9. Hold down select and the green button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.

10. Key in the number of the channel on your TV that you use for watching satellite TV.

11. Press select on your Sky remote control. The red light blinks twice. The remote control setup process is complete.

For more information see http://www.satcure.com/tech/digicode.htm.

It's a great site with a waelth of Sky Digital information. The page above also includes some Loewe 3 digit codes to try.

Hope this helps :).

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,003
    Thanks groundy I have just followed you instructions and got the remote to work. I had to do the repeat press TV, then standby trick, but it worked after a couple of goes. Your instructions are different to my instruction book so I’m printing this page out and enclosing them in the book.
    After re-reading the book of instructions, I now see they are very muddled, between the pressing of the select and red button together and TV button again before entering the code. Your instructions are far better.

Thanks again for the help.;)
    Regards Garrett.

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Glad you got it working :).

IMO, all SKY Digibox instruction booklets are notoriously bad......