Programming a Sky Plus HD remote to operate a Marantz SR7009 receiver

Bert Coules

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The heading says it all really. I've done this once, but didn't keep a note of the four-digit code I used. That remote is now showing its age and I bought a replacement; this works perfectly with my Sky box but though it accepts new codes (I get the correct double flash at the beginning and end of the process) none of the ones I've found online work with my receiver.

I bought the remote on eBay, which I accept might have been a mistake.

Has anyone here successfully paired a Sky + HD remote with a Marantz SR7000? Many thanks.

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Oooh , real old school question. I remember doing this more years ago that I care to remember. The website with the instructions and codes was morlocks.co.uk but long since given up on by the looks of things

Is it really old school? I find it very useful to be able to control the volume on the Marantz with the Sky remote (that's the only receiver function I use). Thanks for the link but I've already tried the codes they give there (and others I found on other sites) but none of them work.

I suppose one way of seeing if the problem lies with the new remote would be to try reprogramming my old remote with the codes from that site: if one of them works then the new unit is definitely at fault. But if none of them works I'll be stuck with two remotes which don't operate the Marantz...

There are threads about doing this way back on 2006. So yeah, oldschool imho. Doesn't make it any less useful a feature
Iirc , the sky remotes were glorified one4alls. Have you had a look at their site for the latest marantz codes? Might be worth trying a few denon ones too

I'll do that, thanks. Why Denon, though? Are Marantz and Denon linked in some way?

LATER...

I just looked at the One4All site. To find the codes you have first to enter details of the precise remote you're using: it asks for the URC number. I don't know what the equivalent would be for a Sky unit, or even if there is one.

Last edited:
I would pick any of them. I would have thought the core software was the same on all of them.
And yes D&M are essentially the same

Thanks, John. I'll try it. I didn't know that about Denon and Marantz; interesting.

No joy with this, I'm afraid. I found Sky's official online list of codes for amps and receivers (a different list to one mentioned above) and it includes my Marantz SR7009 - but none of the suggested codes work in my new eBay-bought remote. Are there counterfeit units around which don't have full functionality?

Check the version number of the remote, it's usually printed on a label in the battery compartment.
Some codes will only work with the latest revision.

JayCee, thanks for the thought. There's no indication in the battery compartment (or anywhere else) of the revision number, but it was advertised as revision 9 - specifically, as

100% New, GENUINE SKY+ PLUS HD REV 9 TV REPLACEMENT Remote

I tried Sky's dedicated codes for that version and also others for earlier marques, all without success.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Have you tried Programming the new remote to control your TV?
That would tell you if it's function of universal control works.
BTW, you said you’ve forgotten the original code that worked...did you maybe write it on the label in the battery compartment of your old Sky remote?

JayCee, trying the TV code is a good idea: thanks. I didn't write the original code on the old remote but I do have a vague recollection of writing it down somewhere "for safe keeping": so safe that I can't now remember where...

An update: Sky's site lists my make of TV (Logik) but not the specific model (L22FE14) so this isn't perhaps a definitive test, but the new remote doesn't operate my TV with any of the given Logik codes.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom