Programme info From Freesat - Loewe Reference 55 TV

yamazaki55

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I've had this TV for a few years and I'm happy with the picture & sound, but the channel info that comes back from the Freesat dish is a random mess, with no program info etc. Now I have a bit of time on my hands I was wondering if there is and way of sorting this without having to get an additional box.
Many thanks for reading, Adrian.

Welcome to the forum.
Is there a reason for not using Freeview instead?

Hi there, I've had this TV for a few years and I'm happy with the picture & sound, but the channel info that comes back from the Freesat dish is a random mess, with no program info etc. Now I have a bit of time on my hands I was wondering if there is and way of sorting this without having to get an additional box.

Guessing the TV does not have a freesat tuner. It;'s likely to be a generic FTA (Free To Air) tuner.

The first thing a freesat device asks for on setup is you postcode. Once validated it sets up your local channels on the epg. eg ITV-HD on 103 etc.

The actual broadcast does not have the full epg, or a channel number. Only programme info is now/next. The Freesat epg has channel number data and interactive series or one recording.

Only real way to sort it out is connect a freesat PVR requiring two feeds or a single tuner one that can record to a USB drive.

Last edited:
The TV is not FreeSat.
It has, as you say, a generic satellite tuner.

I see thanks for the replies, I don't want to have to get an additional box (will ruin the look) so I'll probably put up with it. It just so happends that the Freesat dish has just gone on the blink, (yes I have tried hitting it with a broom handle). Is Freeview more likely to have channel info? Also, is Freeview HD just as good as Freesat HD?

Freeview does of course have programme information.

Sorry but what brand of tv do you have, is it a smart tv. I recently bought a Walker tv, (Vestel) during set up, there is a facility to download a satellite Satcodx channel list, this includes all the main channels in a reasonable order, other than that you should be able to reorder the channels in your preferred order, it might take a bit of time but you end with an ordered list.

I'll check it out thanks, I have arranged for someone to come round and test if a Freeview ariel will get all the channel info etc.

Freeview does of course have programme information.
It needs an aerial.

I'll check it out thanks, I have arranged for someone to come round and test if a Freeview ariel will get all the channel info etc.
What make and model of TV?
If it is a generic digital terresrial TV then it will NOT get programme info, if it is branded by manufacturer as a Freeview TV then it will gey info

What make and model of TV?
If it is a generic digital terresrial TV then it will NOT get programme info, if it is branded by manufacturer as a Freeview TV then it will gey info

Loewe is high quality premium brand (high cost TV) TV ) (f I remember correctly from Germany) .

It has never been a freesat certified TV.

Loewe is high quality premium brand (high cost TV) TV ) (f I remember correctly from Germany) .

It has never been a freesat certified TV.
I was talking about Freeview NOT Freesat

OP was talking about both.:)

I own a Loewe Bild 7.55. It does not have a Freesat EPG.

You need a suitable/separate box for Freesat. If that box is ‘CEC’ then you can control it with your Loewe remote control.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom