Programing the Harmony One for HTPC use

aquatarkus

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi hope this is the right section to post in.
Have just purchased the One and reading up on setting it up.
equipment i currently have.
Samsung UE40D5520 LED TV
Denon AVR-2311 A/V Receiver
Samsung BD-C5500 Bluray player
Virginmedia TiVo box (1TB)
HTPC running win7 x64 with MediaCenter / Mediabrowser (set to run at startup) for movie rips and MusicBrowser 2 for music playback. have an media center remote from Maplins that i hope the i/r dongle will work with the Harmony.
These have all been identified in the Harmony software (7.7.0 i think is the version)

I have set up my 1st activity watch TV.
this ive set up so that the TV comes on switches to the correct hdmi (HDMI/DVI 1) input, the av receiver comes on and switches to the sat/cbl input and the virgin Tivo comes on (BBC1 as a default 1st channel).
this all seems to work

My second activity is watch DVD (actually its to play Bluray discs but only had watch DVD listed as an activity) can i rename this as watch Bluray Movie?
TV comes on and set to correct hdmi input (HDMI/DVI 1) amp comes on and switches to BD input, Bluray player comes on and ejects tray, inserted a pause here to give me time in put disc in drive, then loads disc and can watch movie. this seems to work ok only tried it once as wife wanted to watch TV (inconciderate or what!) Tivo box is off.

Now i want the HTPC to work for DVD playback
Set TV to correct input (HDMI/DVI 1)
amp comes on and set to DVD (HTPC is conneced via HDMI cable to this input on AVR).
HTPC resumes from standby and loads the MediaCenter listthat shows MediaBrowser, MusicBrowser2, TMT5, HomeServer, Kylo, Pictures & Music Movies etc.

What i want to be able to do is when i select this activity is for the HTPC to go directly to the MediaBrowser screen instead of having to select it from the list, is this possible?

I also then want a very similar activity for music playback, this time instead of going straight into MediaBrowser it goes into MusicBrowser2 to see all my artists listed and then be able to browse from there.

One last thing (at the moment) when say i've finished listening to music i want to go to watch TV, do i just select the watch TV activity and it will turn on the TiVo box, will it switch the HTPC to standby or do i need to add these settings in the Harmony software.

sorry for the long post any help very gratfully received.

Regards
Aquatarkus

As you "inserted a pause here to give me time in put disc in drive" you know how to include Additional Commands in the automatic activity startup sequence, so that's the method you use to get the two Media Center activites to start the way you want.
I don't see the point of that pause though.:confused:
The default power settings are for devices to be off when not included in the current activity, and for activities to turn off devices that are on but no longer required, and the Off button turns off all devices that are on.
Those should answer your enquiry about changing from one to another.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom