programe info /whats happening?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Bone Daddy, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Has anyone else noticed that when you are sifting through Sky`s tv guide,when you hit the I button for a description of the programe,more and more frequently it`s coming up `no progame info avail`it`s not like this is on out of the way broadcasts in the middle of the night on subjects no one will watch,even on current day schedules it`s happening:mad: it would just be nice to know what the shows are featuring

2. PIL

PIL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    supposing that there should be info there....

do a reset on the box and it should all come back. a couple of months ago my box lost the info and then lost all the channel numbers and names as well, but reset brought it all back.

3. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    A fair few of the shows have a summary when the `I` button is pressed,but as I said above it seems to be the old message `no prog` synopsis available`appearing on more and more these days,I just think Sky are getting lazy at programming the tv guide

4. Jon Baker

Jon Baker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is an epg bug. Try going into digital text and back out again on sky and bbc to get the synopsis back.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Don't third party channels supply their own EPG data and then just pay SKY to show it?

6. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Bone Daddy,
    I thought I was the only one experiencing this problem but I've got exactly the same results as you. My receiver locks up about once a day because the program info on the banner is out of date, when you change channels. I think it is because Sky are introducing so many new crap channels that the receivers, or early model receivers cant take it with the limited memory available for the program in the receiver. I've also noticed a great deal of quality loss in the bitrate of some channels compared with last year. Hell, some of my video recordings made last year are now better quality than the programs shown on Sky now. By the way my receiver is one of the original Pace receivers at launch of Sky Digital.:mad: