Program to repair office files (word mainly)

twangerlang

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi,

i managed to recover some deleted word/excel documents but a lot of them only show squares and other random objects.

ive tried several programs but as they are only trials will only show the repaired data but wont let me save it.

does anyone know of any free programs that could do the job as i really dont want to pay between £50-700 for the software!

Any help would be appreciated

Mike

Can you name some of the programs you've used that have worked, i might be able to help you.

Just a thought, but have you tried using the Open and Repair option in Word itself? I think this facility is available from Office XP onwards (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong), and you need to install it as it is not installed by default. This may hopefully help you out wihtout you having to spend anything.

Edit I have just checked and it is also available in Excel too.

yeah a friend did tell me about that feature but whenever i tried it, it still gave lots of useless characters.

i think i might just have to give up me thinks.

yeah a friend did tell me about that feature but whenever i tried it, it still gave lots of useless characters.

i think i might just have to give up me thinks.
Try changing the encoding when you recover the files via winword.

One of the things that I have done in the past as a last resort is just open up the file in notepad, and find the section that contains the text and then copy/paste. Of course all formatting is lost but if the words are more important it may be worth a try

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom