1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prog scan ??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by graham_ew, Sep 9, 2002.

1. graham_ew

graham_ew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will a DVD player such as the Tosh 510 which has prog scan show any upgrade in picture quality when used on a RPTV (no componant inputs) when viewing a NTSC DVD through RGB scart or do you need to use the componant out/inputs to enable this?

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, you need component for progressive to work

3. graham_ew

graham_ew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the quick reply Graham,

I thought so , Im after udating my Tosh 2109 and just wondered what benifits I will get straight away ( I do intend to get a projector some time in the future)

4. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suspect one side effect, and I don't know this for sure, is that if you went for a player with proggy scan, I would have thought the manufactures would use better components.

If you're trying to generate a good signal through PS, you then don't want to drag down that quality by using inferior internal components.

So, even if you won't benefit fromp PS initialy, I would have though even through s-video you would see less cross-talk etc.

but i may be wrong

5. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261

Forget the future . Get it now, now, now :D