Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

prog scan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by DisguisedCoot, Oct 20, 2005.

1. DisguisedCoot

DisguisedCoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    What diffrence does having a prog scan dvd player over a normal one, i have just upgraded my pj so it now has component inputs and i want to get the best possible picture.

:hiya:

2. VirusKiller

VirusKiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Where to start... Assuming you have an LCD or DLP PJ, it all comes down to how good the deinterlacer/scaler is in the PJ and whether or not this can be bettered by the deinterlacer/scaler in a prog scan DVD player. It will almost certainly be bettered by a dedicated external scaler (£££).

What kit have you got? This might allow others to chip in with guidance.

3. DisguisedCoot

DisguisedCoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    its a sony HS30, i have just got the multi cable for it that has component input on it. I have all my kit connected via scart to to a swithbox that feeds a rgb to component converter that then feeds the pj. The picture is so much better than the s-video i was using. I just wanted to know wether getting a player with component out would be better. i dont want to spend loads