1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prog scan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by DisguisedCoot, Oct 20, 2005.

1. DisguisedCoot

DisguisedCoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    What diffrence does having a prog scan dvd player over a normal one, i have just upgraded my pj so it now has component inputs and i want to get the best possible picture.

:hiya:

2. VirusKiller

VirusKiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Where to start... Assuming you have an LCD or DLP PJ, it all comes down to how good the deinterlacer/scaler is in the PJ and whether or not this can be bettered by the deinterlacer/scaler in a prog scan DVD player. It will almost certainly be bettered by a dedicated external scaler (£££).

What kit have you got? This might allow others to chip in with guidance.

3. DisguisedCoot

DisguisedCoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    its a sony HS30, i have just got the multi cable for it that has component input on it. I have all my kit connected via scart to to a swithbox that feeds a rgb to component converter that then feeds the pj. The picture is so much better than the s-video i was using. I just wanted to know wether getting a player with component out would be better. i dont want to spend loads