1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prog scan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by G a f f e r, Feb 14, 2004.

1. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    Quickie here:

I thought PAL progressive was 576 lines and NTSC was 480.
    My projector only has 625i/p as the incoming signal which I assume is the PAL interlaced signal, but this happens even with an NTSC disc. Do I have to switch to NTSC setting on the projector when I put in a Region 1 Disc?
    Or is the projector converting everything to PAL?

(v basic q, I know)

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    What model of projector do you have ?

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    and which dvd player? you may be able to set it to output NTSC in a way that the projector wouldnt mind

ad

4. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    dvd player is jamo dvr50 (where i can switch progressive scan output on or off - currently it's interlaced fed via component lead to projector - i'm getting the projector to do the progressive thing for me, better piccies than the jamo's progressive efforts).
    anyway, the projector is a panasonic pt-ae500e.
    I can set the output from the jamo to ntsc (instead of pal) and then the proj tells me it's getting (or outputting?) a 525i/p signal.

What with all the tweakability on both units - I'm a bit confused now as to what exactly I'm ending up with.
    (if my hunch is right, I currently get 625 lines (Pal) from the dvd which the projector turns into progressive scan. I end up with 625p regardless of what I stick in? Just wanted to check...