1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prog scan v component interlaced?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by WoodyAllen, May 24, 2004.

1. WoodyAllen

WoodyAllen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Did I read somewhere that picture quality is better by feeding a component signal direct from the dvd player and letting the pj carryout the de-interlacing? :confused: Why should it be better? I've tried both & can't realy discern any significant difference. I'm using a panny 500 & HK 25...

2. Docta teef

Docta teef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    it all depends on which has the better de-interlacer the pj or the dvd. In my case i have a pio757 and an h56 in which case i have been informed the h56 has a far better de-interlacer. Do you know what the de-interlacing chipsets are on your pj and dvd?

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In that instance use whichever looks better to you :p

As said, you're viewing a progressively scanned image either way with the deinterlacing either being done by the PJ or DVD player.

Seriously, that is what it boils down to - personal preference. You're using the same cable(s) so it should be easy to change from interlaced to progressive (DVD player).

Whichever looks best to you is (should be) the deciding factor.

:smoke:

4. WoodyAllen

WoodyAllen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry, I haven't a clue.. :blush: As a novice to home cinema I was unsure if the component feed to the pj would be automatically processed to a prog scan image by the pj - your replies confirm that it will: clever pj.... Kramer, I totally agree with your approach: if it looks good - leave it alone; hence, I haven't changed a single setting on my pj from the factory settings (heresy to some tweekers!). Thanks folks :hiya:

5. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    I read the AE500 has a very good de-interlacer from reviewers of this projector

6. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to be one but have now converted.....

NOT! :D