1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prog-scan tosh and panny or Philips pixel+ - please HELP

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Marko_J, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Marko_J

Marko_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi...

yes you guessed it right - yet another "what tv should i get" question...

well, since I'm new in all this HT stuff i realy need your help

I'm buying a prog-scan dvd player (nothing much, probably new progscan DAV system), and I wuold like to pair it with a good 32' TV set.
    I still have to decide between tosh 32zd26p (doesn't handle PAL prog), new Panny TX-32ph40 (handels both PAl and NTSC prog), and philips with his Pixel+ (magazines are raving about pixel+... as you probabaly know)

What do you think? which set would be the best? one sidenote - all my dvd-s are R2, since it's too expencive to bring R1 to croatia these days :mad:

please give me some info, I'm open to your suggestions, and forgive me for my dodgy english and spelling , i still have a lot to learn:blush:

bye
    Marko

2. Marko_J

Marko_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hate giving this kind of artificial boost to a thread but...:devil:

please help, anyone?!?

3. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    As far as the Toshiba and Philips go you will find strong supporters of both TVs here on the forum. I personally have a Philips 9617 Pixel+ which produces the best DVD images I have ever seen. The Panasonic is too new to get a wide range of opinions although I do rememer someone in another thread mentioning it got a poor review in a magazine.

As I'm sure you've read many times before, the only thing to do is to take along a favourite DVD to a shop and compare the TVs (changing the settings too) and seeing which image you prefer.

I personally think that because Pixel+ can enhance any source it is a better solution unlike the Tosh Prog Scan which can only make DVDs look better. Good luck with your purchase and let us know how you get on ;)

4. Marko_J

Marko_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    rct
    thanx

that's the kind of info that I needed... so that means that pixel+ will also enhance digital tv - now that's a BIG plus for philips...

I will let you know if I'm astisfied, BUT I'm moving in the missle of october, so it will not be so soon :(

but, at last my flat, and my HT :)

thanx once more

5. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    the panasonic was reviewed in what tv and video and did not get a favourable review especially as it reviews the tosh on the next page.get this months copy of what tv an video or just read it in whsmiths for free lol either way :D

6. Marko_J

Marko_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    silverback

I'll do it, but not in whsmiths 'cos thers non of them in croatia :)
    I bought the latest issue of what hi-fi and they were raving about new panny, they even said it was better than new tosh with prog-scan

go figure

7. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    lol i really should look at the location of the person before replying.i cant understand it they said the panasonic was not that hot in my copy lol phillips 9617 got some great reviews to mate personally its between the phillips an tosh but your the one buying happy shopping mate.on a personal note is there any chance you could take igor biscan back to the croatia mate i get tired of watching him play bad lol COME ON LIVERPOOL THE 2002/03 SEASON IS OURS :D

8. Marko_J

Marko_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Biscan - I would realy like to take him back to my club!! I don't understand him. He was a great player, great prospec, hell Live paid for him 6mil pounds, he got his chance, he played constantly for 6 months :confused:

As I see it he plays too slow for Liverpool, i realy don't get it.
    It's same as Balaban in Villa and Maric when he went to newcatsle - they were both expencive players but they didn't prove themselves in Premiership. Only viduka went to celtic from my home-town club and made it... And Boksic, but he played in Italy before...

I'm puzeled:)

I also say GO LIVERPOOL!!! It's your time to win the league, I had enough of Manutd and Arsenal players are too bigheaded for me

I have some Live players on Yahoo fantasy football, and I eagerly await the start of season on saturday - one croatian TV station (not scrambled mind you) has premier league so I will watch two games this weekend (man-wbu, and Live-villa)

enough of that! now you know that you should never start some football theme - than you can hardly stop me

now HT is a trivial thing for me:)

bye, and good luck on sunday, I'm rooting(is this a right word?) with you