1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prog scan probs DVD-A1

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by godzilla, Feb 13, 2003.

1. godzilla

godzilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    My DVD-A1 has been firmwared to play NTSC and PAL progressive, but when I feed the component leads directly into my Sim2 HT300 the interlaced picture is excellent, but the progressive picture, played through the correct YCrCb 32khz input, has a dull, slightly greeny yellow tint to it and has noticeable distortions on vertical edges e.g. THX Optimiser menu screen.

This applies to both PAL and NTSC discs and I've tried adjusting all of the Sim2s numerous parameters.

I am annoyed as otherwise the player is great, but PAL prog was a major reason for choosing it.
    Can anyone enlighten me as to a possible cause for these problems?

2. godzilla

godzilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Ok, it doesn't actually present any solutions to my query, but they did reply within a few hours, contrary to some complaints on here.
    Fingers crossed their techies can actually come up with an answer...

3. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Once you get hold of them, I have found Keith Pradey in the UK to be very helpful...personally I found phoning was better than email if you dont get a reply within a day or so

hope you get it sorted :( ...I would have thougt an A1 on a Sim2 PAL prog would be absolutely stunning

JJ