1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prog scan player (which one?)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by firekill, May 14, 2003.

1. firekill

firekill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    :eek: hi ,
    i have recently purchased a pan 100e prog ,my dvd collection is mainly reg 2 ,my dvd player is not capable of prog scan,and after reading all the threads i am confinced i need one.but i am a bit confused over thr issue of if my prog will accept pal and ntsc pog scan,the manual says 525p(480p)then goes up to 750p(720P)
    i have read a thread that says one bloke is getting 625p with his hardon k25 dvd player ,could anyone advice me on the best prog scan player for me ,so that i could view all my dvds in prog scan,cheers

2. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    According to the manual for my Panasonic plasma, Progressive PAL (the one you want) is listed as 625p (576p) . I think (and I am sure someone can correct me) that the number in brackets is the visible lines on screen or similar.

Progressive NTSC is 525p (480p) .

I'm not sure what 750p refers to. Sorry but hope this info is helpful.

I have the Arcam DV88+ - excellent PAL prog scan. I, too, have mainly Region 2 discs so this was important to me. Search the forum, some other players that do PAL prog are Harman Kardon, maybe Pioneer 757......:hiya:

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    firekill

The AE100 does do prog pal 625p as reported, it just doesn't say so in the manual.
    Appart from the players stated you could also list the Philips 963, but this player does have some issues with lipsinc.
    You might be best holding out a few months, as the big name manufacturers should be releasing pal prog players.
    I use the AE100 with my progressive NTSC Toshiba sd-510 player and progressive images are great, but I will be holding out for a pal progressive DVD-Recorder before I upgrade again.