Prog scan output from Pio 575 to Scart input

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andyatkins, Aug 23, 2004.

1. andyatkins

andyatkins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone advise if this will work please?

Recently had a Panny PHD6 plasma installed with RGB Scart & VGA terminal boards. Also went out & got a Pioneer 575 DVD player last Friday. Very happy with it connecting to the Plasma via RG Scart out through a SCART switchbox & one of those JS Tech Scart to VGA converter jobbies - until that is I read in the manual & it tells me the 575 only outputs Prog Scan via component.

I really don't want to go to the hassle & expense of buying the component board for the Panny to get Prog Scan so my question is can I simply buy a component to RGB Scart converter cable to connect the 575 Prog Scan component output into the Scart switchbox & ultimatly into the Plasma's VGA port? According to the manual The Panny definately supports PAL progressive in this port it's just a question of if it's possible to go from component to Scart RGB simply through a cable adapter?

Thanks for your help

2. bossc@

bossc@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Nope... you can go component to VGA but not to SCART. When you say you got the SCART and VGA terminal boards, do you mean an additional VGA board to the screens own VGA port?

You'll also lose the 'just' screen option by using the VGA.

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    Just buy the component board for your Panasonic plasma, far better than using any converters.

There is component to VGA adapter available, Optoma supply them with their Themescene H56 projector, might be worth giving them a call to see if they'll sell one separately. This would allow you to just plug the adapter into the VGA socket on your plasma and then just use a standard component cable up to the plasma from the DVD player. I still think you'd be better off getting the component board though.