1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prog Scan DVD?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by meg, Apr 8, 2005.

1. meg

meg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of upgrading my system right now, and I would really appreciate some help!

I've currently got a Sony 32" FQ80, and the picture with the DRC100 is really good. However, I was thinking of making the leap to LCD display, and getting a prog scan DVD player...

Can someone help explain if that will really offer me a noticeable PQ improvement? I'm a little confused!

Thank you!!

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    A lot depends on your equipment and how it handles different signal formats. When I upgraded my DVD player recently I certainly noticed an improvement over the previous player (but then the previous player was also 2 years old) but it wasnt massive.

If you are going down the flat panel route you also potentially have the option of getting a screen which can handle higher resolutions which can further improve the picture - most come with internal scalers but there are external scalers and DVD players with built in scalers available and with trial and error you can get an exceptionally good picture.