1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prog scan dvd player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by markjrey, Sep 30, 2003.

1. markjrey

markjrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a tosh 36zd26p and am currently looking to get a dvd player to take advantage of the progressive scan mode but my dvd colection is about 60/40 pal/ntsc so i need a player that will output pal dvd's in ntsc progressive mode. Just wondering if anyone has any sugestions or recomendations as to players to go for.

many thanks

Mark

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phillip's DVD963SA supports this, as does Denon's DVD2800mkII (but I think it's disabled when you use the Multi Region firmware & PAL Progressive enabled).

Might have trouble with a few machines in that once you multi-region them for your NTSC discs (which I'm guessing are Region 1) you also activate PAL progressive.

3. markjrey

markjrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm ok do you know the phillips has this problem? or just the denon?

also do you know if the tosh 36zt29 has the same prob of only doing ntsc progressive as all the bits i see on it have different answers

4. markjrey

markjrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    erm just had another though, what if i were to import a US player supporting prog scan NTSC and then multi region it, would that not output an NTSC signal or would it auto switch to pal when you played region 2?

5. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    An imported machine.
    it would out put ntsc ps but it would out put pal converted to normal ntsc not ps. (Plus you will need power converters)
    and the PS converters never really work properly.
    i think u are best to get a pal dvd player that outputs ntsc PS and make do with none PS for the pal discs u have,
    And buy reg1 from now on

6. mseabroo

mseabroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    try taking a look at the pioneer 565. This will output PAL as NTSC prog scan.
    Take a look at the online manual from the pioneer site for confirmation.
    There are some good deals about from £200 ish multi region or £179 in region 2 from richer sounds.
    Pronto codes to make this multi region can be found by searching these forums :lesson: