prog scan dvd on xbox

leedsfireman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi, can anyone who has enabled dvd prog scan connected to a plasma comment if they think it is better than a stanard pal dvd player.
andy.

Originally posted by andynumpty
hi, can anyone who has enabled dvd prog scan connected to a plasma comment if they think it is better than a stanard pal dvd player.
andy.

What's the secret? Using video select and setting 480p or 720p only works for games not DVD AFAIK. How is it enabled for DVDs?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Messiah
What's the secret? Using video select and setting 480p or 720p only works for games not DVD AFAIK. How is it enabled for DVDs?

Thanks.
You can enable it by hex editing a certain part of the DVD player exe (requires mod chip, of course). But playback is not that great I hear, PAL gets downconverted to 480p, playback is really jerky. And because they dropped PS DVD playback, they probably didn't implement any deinterlacing algorithms, either.

Regards,
Olaiho

I hacked the required file to give me the progressive Dasboard (and DVD playback) and I wasn't too impressed. Can't remember the exact problem with it, but I swapped it back to normal pretty quick.

I've got a tosh SD220 and that's a lot better (interlaced component)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom