1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prog scan display

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by john R1, Mar 14, 2005.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    am i right in thinking any device that has prog scan i.e. plasma screen will display prog scan without the need for a prog scan dvd player yes or no, also is it true unless you have a very good prog scan dvd player its not worth using the prog scan output ?

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Yes it's true that progessive displays have de-interlacing capabilities in them.
    Whether you would use the prog scan output of a source on such a display is completely dependant on which one offers superior processing. Not all progressive scan devices are of same quality. There are different methods employed for de-interlacing video and film or pc source material and there are different methods used for detecting such material....So you need to actually do yourself a demo to find out what is best connection and configuration method

Gordon

3. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply gordon am myself using dv89 into pw6b and am very happy with the results depending on pq of the dvd, everytime i look on the av forums i seem to get more confused with this av lark thanks again